Sitecore is a leading digital experience software used by organizations globally to create seamless, personalized digital experiences. Sitecore is an integrated platform powered by .net CMS, commerce, and digital marketing tools. Sitecore’s essential product is the Sitecore Experience Platform (XP) which combines their powerful content management system (CMS) Sitecore Experience Manager and Sitecore Experience Database (xDB).
Sitecore is constantly evolving, with each update offering new innovative tools for its users. The cloud-first digital experience platform also offers shopping experiences through Sitecore Experience Commerce. The question, ‘what is Sitecore?’ is a common one, and understandably as it’s often described as a web content management platform. Gartner rated Sitecore highly in their Gartner Magic Quadrant 2022 and has gone on to recognize the software more recently.
So which is it? Is Sitecore a CMS, an xDB, or more?
Sitecore describes itself as a ‘Customer Experience Platform CXP). We like to keep it simple and run with that.
A quick overview of Sitecore’s benefits
- Sitecore Experience Accelerator (SXA) – helps get websites to market quicker.
- Sitecore Experience Commerce combines content and commerce to increase conversion through personalization.
- Digital marketing tactics – Sitecore provides a solid foundation to execute the full spectrum of social, content, outreach, and more.
Create custom experiences for your audiences, then track and tweak to improve results
The benefits of Sitecore to marketers
Sitecore is a fully-featured, connected customer experience platform. You can do much more than just manage your online content. Out of the box, you’ve functionality for:
- Tracking and analytics
- Building marketing campaigns
- Content optimization
- Gaining a single view of individual customers
With Sitecore, you can create, deliver and optimize an end-to-end customer experience that spans acquisition, nurturing, conversion, retention, and advocacy.
Do this through:
- Relevant content to help build engagement
- Timely offers to increase conversion rates
- Personalized communications to aid advocacy
- Social media for greater reach and amplification
- Easy enrolment to assets like newsletters and whitepapers
- Self-Service for users/customers
What is Sitecore to the modern-day customer? Sitecore is flexible across a range of devices
Measuring campaign success and personalizing content through your customer touch-points is easier. You can get closer than ever to your customers and make them feel special across the different channels they use:
One standout benefit to marketers is that all the data you collect on a customer is stored in one place, The Sitecore Experience Database (xDB). This can be linked to your CRM for a single view of individual customers.